The Association typically has 2 tiered teams offering one body contact team and one non-body contact team.
Goals for the U18 age division are:
• Refining team play and strategy
There are two within U18; U18 tier, & U15AAA & AA (RAC)
RAC teams are not covered on this page
- U18 tier is available to players born in 2006, 2007 & 2008 who live within the FSMH boundaries
Registration Fees - $1000.00 (6 equal payment plans are available if registered before July 15th.)
Late Fees: - $200.00 late fee will apply if you register after July 15th
ADDITIONAL COST -
- FSMH fundraising bond (Each family registered with FSMH is required to meet the minimum fundraising requirements.)
- Team fees approx. $200-800 (Decided & collected by the team)– These are dependent on how much fundraising the team would like to participate in.
- Practice Jersey - *New this season - each player will purchase a practice jersey at the time of registration. This is done through TeamSnap registration and you will receive this jersey once your team is formed from your coach. This practice jersey is yours to keep when the season is over.
Our goal is to ensure that tryouts are as transparent as possible and acknowledge that this
the process can be incredibly stressful for both participants and parents.
All U18 tier players will participate in a minimum of one skills session and three scrimmage games with the objective to form teams with players of similar skill and ability. All players are evaluated by a 3rd party unbiased professional evaluation company.
FSMH believes in players with similar skill sets playing with and against each other to provide the best hockey and development experience.
- U18 Typically starts in early to mid September
- FSMH U18 tier teams participate in the EFHL (Edmonton Federation Hockey League)
- Approximately 6 tiering games are played in October and 18-20 regular season games will be played between Nov-March in Fort Saskatchewan, Edmonton and the Surrounding area. About half of these games will be home games in Fort Sask.
- Approximately 35 hours of practice ice between Oct-March. Practices are in Fort Saskatchewan, Bruderheim and Lamont.
- Typically these practices are full ice but with can but maybe half ice depending on available ice.
What is provided?
- 2 (Home and away) Game jerseys (returned at the end of the season to FSMH)
- 2 (Home and away) game socks (yours to keep)
practice jersey (additional cost added at the time of registration – estimated at $25.00)
All team uniforms (socks and sweaters) are provided by FSMH, and remain the property of FSMH. These are to be used for all league, playoff, and exhibition games. These items are not to be used as practice equipment. Uniforms and equipment will be assigned to each coach in accordance with established procedures. The Coach/Manager is responsible for in-season care and returns at the season’s end. Any needs or concerns regarding equipment/uniforms are to be brought to the attention of the Equipment Coordinator. The official uniform shall be New York Rangers home and away colors, appropriately crested.
All helmets and pants must be black.
Full equipment is needed at U18
What is needed?
Tournaments are optional and voted on by the individual teams. All EFHL teams will participate in Minor Hockey Week in Jan.
Multiple opportunities to volunteer during the season including Coaches, Team Managers, Treasurer, Parent Liaison, safety, etc.
During the registration process, you will have an opportunity to express your interest in volunteering as a coach all other positions will be filled during the first team meeting.