Fort Saskatchewan Minor Hockey Association (FSMH) is home to 740+ players ranging from 4-17 years old. FSMH is committed to improving the experience and development of players in all streams of play.
Fort Saskatchewan Minor Hockey Association is looking for a hockey professional with extensive experience to guide and support the development of our coaches and players. The Technical Director’s role is to lead, organize and administer the technical aspects of coach and player development.
The Technical Director will collaborate with the FSMH Player/Coach Development Committee.
Responsible to: General Manager, Board of Directors, Membership
Term of office: Part-time, 1-year contract
Time Commitment: 2-10 hours per week (varies throughout the year)
Scope of Duties Include:
Technical Director that would be responsible for providing leadership and support to the FSMH in all areas of player and coach development. This role will work closely with Hockey Operations and will be a foundational piece in enabling the FSMH to offer a best-in-class hockey development program. The successful applicant will bring forward a development model that identifies the scope and sequencing needed at all age levels allowing players and coaches to focus in a common direction, improving player skill and greatly enhancing the consistency and overall hockey experience. The Technical Director works under the direct supervision of the Hockey Development Committee
- Coordinate and assist in coach recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Oversee the development and ongoing maintenance of FSMH Player Development program, aligning with Hockey Canada and Hockey Alberta guidelines.
- Develop resources for coaches to access on an ongoing basis.
- Providing leadership and support
- Responsible for planning and coordinating specialized development projects, seminars, camps, and workshops
- Attend Board meetings as required.
- Liaising with sports governing bodies and hockey organizations as required.
The key component in this role will be for the Technical Director to develop and structure an overall hockey development program for FSMH
All applicants should be very driven and bring energy, passion, and engagement to all aspects of their work.
- Strong understanding of Hockey Canada’s Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) and Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) models.
- A minimum of Development 1 Hockey Canada coaching certificate, plus 5-year experience coaching players under the age of 18.
- Strong knowledge of Hockey Alberta's structure, development programs, and delivery structure will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with volunteers
- Have a balanced understanding of the needs of all players in the association.
- Excellent social and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to delegate effectively.
The successful applicant will bring forward a development model that identifies the scope and sequencing needed at all age levels allowing players and coaches to focus in a common direction; improving player skill and greatly enhancing the consistency and overall hockey experience.
Past experience as Technical Director would be considered an asset.
Application DeadLine - Dec 15, 2022
Please send your application to FSMH General Manager Pam Odynski email@example.com